These lemon cupcakes are the perfect treat for spring and summer parties. The freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon infused olive oil and lemon zest make these cupcakes so flavorful!
- Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup lemon infused olive oil ( or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup sour cream
- zest of one lemon
- ½ cup butter (one stick) softened
- 3¾ cups powdered sugar
- lemon juice
- Mix cake mix, eggs, lemon juice, zest of one lemon and sour cream in a bowl. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour cake mix into cupcake liner- about halfway.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Frosting- cream butter (softened but not melted), and 2 cups powdered sugar.
- Add lemon juice and milk, alternating with rest of powdered sugar, beating until consistency to frost.
- Add a little yellow food coloring, if desired.