This pumpkin bread recipe is one of my favorites. The recipe makes two large loaves, one to keep and one to share! It is perfect for Thanksgiving or anytime of the year. Enjoy!
This recipe makes two large loaves.
- 3½ cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup crisco oil
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
- Add water and oil to flour mixture and beat with mixer.
- Add pumpkin and beat until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Add vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Test with toothpick- may need another few minutes in oven.
- Frosting- Mix confectioners sugar with milk and a teaspoon vanilla.
- Drizzle over top of cooled pumpkin bread.
- Tip- Pour frosting into a ziploc bag and cut corner off to drizzle frosting.