Oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips. So yummy!
Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1½ cups Quaker Oats - quick cooking
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz. pkg butterscotch morsels
- Stir flour, baking soda and baking powder in bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in separate bowl until creamy.
- Add vanilla, then one egg at a time.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture a little at a time.
- Add Quaker oats, mixing well.
- Stir in butterscotch morsels.
- Refrigerate dough for at least a half hour before baking.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
Hint- Quick cooking oats are oats that have been coarsely chopped. Put in food processor/chopper until they are more finely chopped but not powdery before adding to batter.