Light and buttery, these lemon bite-sized cookies are delicious. Similar to a Mexican wedding cake with a burst of lemon flavor. Enjoy!
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup plus 2 Tbs. butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Cover and chill for one hour.
- Roll into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets.
- Toss warm cookies in powdered sugar in small bowl to coat.