Just a little variation on the original Rice Krispies Treats recipe creates a richer, vanilla flavor. This is the first time I did not melt marshmallows in the microwave and drop a chunk of butter into the mix! Melting butter slowly and adding vanilla gives so much flavor. Colored sprinkles add a festive touch.
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 10 oz. bag of mini marshmallows (I use Kraft)
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Add vanilla to melted butter and stir.
- Add mini marshmallows and stir till combined.
- Slowly add Rice Krispies and mix well.
- Press into a greased pan. (I used a smaller rectangular glass pan, an 8 or 9 inch square would work).
- Sprinkle with colored jimmies or nonpareils before they set.
- Let cool and set before cutting.
Tip- Use buttered parchment paper to press Rice Krispies into buttered pan. The smaller the pan size, the thicker your treats will be.