Cookie bars made with sugar cookie dough topped with buttercream frosting, simple and so good! Add your favorite sprinkles to make festive. Enjoy!
Sugar Cookie Bars
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ sticks butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter (one stick) softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Nonpareils to decorate
- Stir flour, baking powder and salt in bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a separate bowl until creamy.
- Add vanilla, then one egg at a time.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture a little at a time. Mix well.
- Press sugar cookie mixture into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 13-14 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Allow bars to cool.
- Frosting- Cream butter (softened at room temperature, not melted) with 2 cups powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Alternate rest of powdered sugar and a little milk until consistency to frost.
- Sprinkle with nonpareils before frosting sets.